A 20-year-old woman, Sam Millard, is hosting a party for the ICU and burns unit at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital in thanks for the good treatment she received when she contracted Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TENS), a severe form of Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS).

The woman was near dead and blinded by the disease after she tried to prevent and treat swine flu by taking Tamiflu. She wound up with having an allergic reaction to the Tamiflu that caused blisters to form on her scalp, mouth, lungs and throat. It took only 3 days before she had developed life-threatening Stevens-Johnson syndrome and had to be placed on life support. The most devastating aspect for Millard is that she didn’t even have swine flu when she took the medication.

Millard and her sister have decided to host a party for the hospital staff that saved her life and plans to do it on August 12. Millard said that she is hosting the fundraiser party because she was impressed with how much the ICU and burns unit looked after her but also because the hospital has a charity that made it possible for her mother to visit and stay with her during the ordeal.

“It meant while I was in a coma she was able to stay close,” she says. “We have been talking about doing something for a long time but I haven’t been well enough until now.”

SJS and TENS can be fatal… as it almost was in Millard’s case. It causes symptoms such as rash that spreads, blisters in the mucus membranes and painful blisters in the eyes, nose, mouth and genitals. It can also cause the skin to peel off in large patches and vision problems. If you have suffered from Stevens-Johnson syndrome or TENS after taking Tamiflu, contact SJS attorney Greg Jones today for a free consultation. I am an experienced SJS lawyer that will help you fight for all of the money that you may be entitled to.