Fluoroquinolone’s Litigation Attorneys | Information on the Most Common Fluoroquinolone’s
Fluoroquinolone’s are antibiotics used to treat sever bacterial infections with the most common type being respiratory and urinary tract infections. Recent studies have shown that specific fluoroquinolone or “floxins” have been shown to cause serve medical conditions even to the point of fatality. The FDA released a statement warning that fluoroquinolone can cause permanent nerve damage, tendon ruptures and an increased risk of ruptures of main arteries. In most cases, the risk of nerve damage which is known as peripheral neuropathy occurs when taken orally or by injection.
Greg Jones Law is currently taking cases against the manufacturers of fluoroquinolone. If you or a loved one experience aortic aneurysm, aortic dissection or suffered fatality while taking fluoroquinolone or within 60 days of discontinuing use of a fluoroquinolone, you may be eligible for compensation. Contact us today for a free case evaluation of your lawsuit.
FDA safety review of Fluoroquinolone finds the drug class to be associated with “disabling and potentially permanent, serious side effects.”
FDA Approved Fluoroquinolone’s available in the United States:
- Ciprofloxacin (brand name Cipro) is most commonly used to treat UTI, gonorrhea, bladder inflammation, sinus infections.
- Levofloxacin (brand name Levaquin) is most commonly used to treat UTI, chlamydia, Legionnaires disease, bronchitis.
- Moxifloxacin (brand name Avelox) is most commonly used to treat UTI, bladder inflammation, bronchitis, gonorrhea.
- Ofloxacin (brand name Floxin) is most commonly used to treat UTI, gonorrhea, chlamydia, prostate inflammation, bladder inflammation.
- Gemifloxacin (brand name Factive) is most commonly used to treat UTI, gonorrhea, pneumococcal pneumonia.
- Norfloxacin (brand name Noroxin) is most commonly used to treat UTI, bladder inflammation, gonorrhea, prostate inflammation, and staph infections.
Additional Side Effects
In mid 2018, the FDA added to existing warnings related to fluoroquinolone. They warned that it can also cause a decrease in blood sugar levels which can be of serious issue especially with older patients. In addition, they mentioned mental health side effects such as delirium, memory impairment, anxiety, and disorientation.
FLUOROQUINOLONE LAWSUIT INFORMATION
There have been several lawsuits filed against the manufactures of two of the most popular fluoroquinolone’s, Cipro and Levaquin. Not only are the manufactures of Cipro and Levaquin potentially liable but so are the manufactures of Avelox, Centraxal, Noroxin and others as they too failed to acknowledge the serious health risks associated. If you or a loved one experience aortic aneurysm, aortic dissection or suffered fatality while taking fluoroquinolone or within 60 days of discontinuing use of a fluoroquinolone, you may be eligible for compensation.
To find out if you have a case against the makers of the manufacturers of these most common fluoroquinolone’s, contact us today for a free case evaluation. Call 855-566-3752 or contact us online.